Monday, January 27, 2014

Incoming!

On my last post, I mentioned that I was going to take time off of fostering to take care of some medical issues unless if something came up. Something came up. Natasha was recently pulled from the Miami area. She has some injuries and is in need of treatment. She also needs a quiet place to stay during that treatment. We have a set up to provide that, so we agreed.

Natasha getting sprung from the pound
It seems she will be spending most of her time in a crate for a bit. We have four, including one rather sizable one. I figured with strategic placements around the house, we can give her a place to rest as well as not feel exiled from everyone in the home. This includes making use of the one in the living room.

Sid was pretty good with Andrea during her recovery, though we did keep them apart as a precaution, so I'm not too worried about if they cross paths. This weekend, my parents got a 4 month old pup, and Sid was also very gentle with him. He is also more gentle with me on bad days. I think he can help provide the environment that she will need.

As far as her injuries, it appears she has an issue with her spine and road rash. I am not aware of the extent of the spinal injury at the moment, however, I am told that she is staying in the crate because of her injuries. She is being well behaved about it and alerting when she needs to be taken out.

Right now, they are trying to raise funds for her treatment, as well as the treatment of another dog who is heart worm positive. If you would like to help, they have a fundraiser set up. If you would like to follow her progress, you can visit their Facebook page, as well as follow updates that will be posted here.

I really hope that when she comes to the area, we can help her get back to a vibrant young dog. I am sure it will take time. But she deserves the chance. I am just glad there have been the handful of angels that have pulled her, fostered her, got her medical care and generally been there for her. I'm sure there will be many more along her journey to recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment