Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A Furry Break In a Storm

It's been awhile since my last post. We had an emergency 3 weeks ago. It happened right after picking up Onyx, who was to be our newest foster. On the way home, I wasn't feeling well. I was in a lot of pain, which I assumed was from a pinched nerve I had. My sister was with me, and we stopped at my parents' house with Onyx. After being there for a few moments, I knew something was wrong. I went in their room to lay down and ended up on the floor. Onyx came back and sat with me until they came. He watched over me while we waited for help.

Onyx making himself at home


As it turns out, I had a heart attack. I spent a few days in the hospital. But on that first day, I knew. We have our foster failure. I knew Onyx couldn't go to another home after watching over me. And I think everyone agreed. Onyx kept visiting everyone and making sure they were ok. He was a fuzzy and loving break in an otherwise, very bad day.

I had mentioned before how he looked like my Belgian Shep mix, Pembleton. I was excited to be picking him up and helping him. I fell in love with him at first meeting. It was easy to see just how loving he was just by the look in his eyes. I was nervous about the introduction between Sid and Onyx, but as it turns out, I wasn't the one to make the introduction. It was made while I was in the hospital. I missed the first few days. But I was getting updates and knew he was fitting well into the home. I couldn't wait to get released to get home to my two boys. I am happy to report that they are helping me recover. :)

I decided to take a short break from fostering while I was recovering and Onyx was getting use to his new surroundings. I had Sid and Onyx out at an event this past weekend just to get out for the day with my fur babies and we had fun. I got to meet the potential new foster dog that will be placed with us and he was as sweet as the others. I have a few things I need to do for myself over the next week and a half, and then I can make arrangements to bring the next foster into the home. I'm looking forward to bringing the next dog home and sharing all of the experiences that go along with it.

Pembleton enjoying a rare Southern VA Snow



No comments:

Post a Comment