Monday, April 22, 2013

A Weekend Out and a New Foster

As mentioned in my last post, I had to take some time off from fostering during my recovery. This past Wed marked the one month point and I decided that I feel well enough to start back up. I should be getting my new foster furbaby on Wed. evening, so I will be posting more again.

I did get out with Onyx and Sid this weekend though. The Rays had a bark at the park day where you were allowed to take your dogs to the ball game, so I jumped on it immediately and got tickets for them. There is suppose to be two more of these this season, and I will most likely do them again. If a foster is in my care and it is ok, I will take the foster along too.

Sid taking in the sights
Sid and Onyx were so well behaved and they seemed to really enjoy going. I am sure dogs are like people in that they get sick of the same surroundings every day, which is why I try to get them out as much as possible. I even have an app to tell me about local dog parks and eateries that are dog friendly. While not all doggie dining places are in the app, a good number are. With how well behaved these two were at the game, I am convinced trying new things with them will go fine.

Onyx having a blast


I am a little nervous about having three dogs to take care of, but I am pretty sure it will go fine. There are three sets of hands in this house for doggie outings and walks and there is support from my parents a few blocks away. I know that it will be worth it. There is no feeling for a dog lover like giving a dog another chance at a loving home.

No comments:

Post a Comment